Key steps to be carried out in coordination with Engagement Global and the BaFzA
Before volunteers arrive
Nine to six months before the volunteers arrive: Apply for approval for new place of assignment or agree collaboration with approved BFD places of assignment.
By 30 September each year: Apply for funding, i.e. submit the completed application for government funding to Engagement Global.
Four months before the volunteers arrive: Preparations for the selected volunteers
- Submit the BFD agreement (by post) to BAFzA.
- Submit the supplementary agreement (by post) and name list (by email) to Engagement Global, after the BFD agreement has been signed by BAFzA.
- Apply for visas and take out insurance for the volunteers.
Take out insurance: Further information on this topic is provided below.
After the volunteers arrive
Maximum two weeks after arrival
- Submit BFD and supplementary agreements (with all signatures) plus notification of any change in the period of service to Engagement Global by email
- Send notification of commencement of service to the BAFzA (Division 203)
Continuously: Give notification of any changes to the forwarding agreement or changes regarding volunteers
After the volunteers leave
Immediately after the end of the assignment: Host organisation or place of assignment issues the certificate of service to be sent to the BAFzA (Division 203)
By 30 April of the following year: Submit interim proof of use to Engagement Global
Six months after the end of the assignment: Submit final proof of use to Engagement Global