Submitting an application
Before a project application can be submitted to weltwärts Exchange Projects, the German project partner must pass the assessment for implementing organisations and a strategy for ensuring a partnership approach on the project must be drawn up.
To the Prerequisites
- is subject to a deadline and
- must be fully completed.
The application deadline is based on the planned project start date and the total expenditure for the project. Project applications must be submitted at least three months before the planned project start date.
Project applications for up to 50,000 euros
|Project start date
|In the first quarter
||30 September of the preceding year
|In the second quarter
||31 December of the preceding year
|In the third quarter
||31 March of the same year
|In the fourth quarter
||30 June of the same year
Project applications for more than 50,000 euros
|Project start date
||30 September 2020
||30 September 2021
The completed project application must be accompanied by
Each project application is based on an educational plan, which is drawn up jointly by the project partners. It is intended to show how the project will address one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and what educational support and mentoring is to be provided. The educational plan should also describe how the project intends to help implement the aims of weltwärts Exchange Projects, such as partnership, sustainability and diversity.
The plan should cover the following project phases:
- Preparation of the overall project and the kick-off visit
- Kick-off visit to one of the two partner countries
- Interim phase: Follow-up on the kick-off visit and preparation of the return visit
- Return visit to the other partner country
- Follow-up on the return visit and the overall project
Funding Guideline - Extracurricular Exchange Projects in the Context of Agenda 2030 (PDF, 141,1 KB)
Expenditure and financing plan
The expenditure and financing plan must include all planned eligible expenditure and income.
- The financing plan is binding.
- The funding provided by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) covers up to 75 percent of the overall expenditure.
- In line with the principle of partnership, all expenditure should be balanced between the project partners.
- Precise details must be given of the basis upon which the planned eligible expenditure for each item was calculated.
- The provisions of the German Travel Expenses Act (BRKG) must be observed.
- Staff expenditure must be based on the Pay Agreement for German Public Service (TVöD), fees on the fee scale for training sessions.
- Flat rates are not eligible for funding. Only expenditure that is actually incurred and for which proof can be provided is eligible for funding.
Cost budget and financing plan (PDF, 1.5 MB)
How to fill in the Cost budget and financing plan (XLSX, 878,0 KB)
Security and crisis plan
The security and crisis plan must
- describe the communication channels and measures to be taken in the event of a crisis and
- contain an emergency telephone number that can be contacted by all participants 24/7.
In addition, all German participants must be included in the Electronic Registration of Germans Abroad (ELEFAND) list.
Foreign Office ELEFAND list