Accompanying Measures for the Programme
Promoting accompanying measures for the programme
How your organisation can benefit
Through the "weltwärts" accompanying measures, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is promoting measures which encourage the quality of the "weltwärts" programme and raise its profile as a development learning service. For example, it is designed to encourage training courses for mentors or networking between host and sending organisations.
Who can apply?
If you would like to undertake accompanying measures in your country, you can apply for funding together with your German partner organisation. Only applicants from Germany are eligible, i.e. all charitable host and sending organisations that are recognised as part of the "weltwärts" programme - or host organisations and their associations, as well as recognised charitable associations of returning volunteers.
These organisations can apply for funding of the accompanying measures for their “weltwärts” partner outside of Germany. The partners should detail the requirements of the respective measure in a statement approximately one page in length.
What can be promoted?
An accompanying measure can be up to a maximum of 24 months long. The current funding priorities are for example:
- Qualification and training to improve education and mentoring of the volunteers who come from Germany or are sent to Germany, for example training courses for mentors
- Cooperation and networking between host and sending organisations, for example at partner conferences
- Funding of the integration groups, which up until now have not been well represented at weltwärts, e.g. volunteers with vocational education or with disabilities
How it works
There are two application deadlines within the year for accompanying measures: Measures that start between May and September must be applied for by 1st January. Measures that start between October and April of the following year can be applied for up until 1st June. The BMZ will cover up to 75 per cent of the costs of an accompanying measure. Who covers the remaining 25 per cent of the costs? As a general rule, the maximum amount of funding is €50,000.
All funded accompanying measures must be always adequately documented, for example participants' attendance at events.
Should you require funding for your accompanying measures, please contact your partner organisation in Germany directly.